Monday, April 09, 2007

NY was a blast...as always!!

So Mara and I headed up to NY City yesterday. Woke up early, at 4:30am. That is 1:30am Mara time. Headed off to NY. It was really cool. I got to drive through Chinatown and Brooklyn, and parts of Manhattan. How cool is that? Yeah, pretty cool.

I really love NY. I loved it last time, and I loved it this time. However, it was still COLD. Brrr! Yeah, she decided to come visit me on a bad weekend. Why she wasn't checking the weather when she booked the flight 2 months ago, I have no clue. Oh well. She seemed to acclimate well. Good job Mara. That winter coat needed to come out of the closet, it was getting lonely in there. :)

Anyway. Had some fun. Walked around Times Square some more. Visited the M&M store again. Got some yummy (read: expensive) m&m's. In the evening we saw an off-Broadway play. It was called Perfect Crime. It was good, but I don't think that I got it completely. Normally I like figuring these things out, but we were really tired. We did get up at 4:30am, so that explains things.

Stayed over night, then headed to the airport today. She has the coolest GPS system, and we used it to get all over NY and to/from as well. I want one now. I will do some research for prices and types, then get one before my cross-country trip. It is really neat. We called her Betty. She helped alot. However, at the last step, she tried taking us through a small city with major traffic congestion, so we had to override her a bit. Oh well, she tries.

Also, saw the movie Borat this weekend. It was funny, but not what I was expecting. Oh well. Got some pretty funny lines out of the show though.

Shaun and his sister had fun in Baltimore with their cousin. Hope everyone had a great Easter!!

No comments: