Sunday, July 10, 2005

Karaoke and an animal or two!


My friend Mara was in town this weekend. We had a great time. When she first got here we went and saw Bewitched. It was really good. Then went out to lunch and went shopping.
Glad to reoprt...I did NOT buy a thing.
Well, I lied....I almost got out of the mall without buying a thing, but....there were socks...
...with pigs on them...
...and they were pink. (See above)
I could not resist....they were on clearance for $2.30, so I bought them.
But I swear...I never bought anything else.
Enough about that, the more exciting part is after night fall....and so the story begins....

The first night we went out karoake-ing. It was great. I would love to tell you all about this, but Mara is way better with words....she put it all in her blog, and tells the story great! Please visit In Portland from Mara's blog.
Today we were headed off to the baseball game I had free tickets for....but we kept finding things we needed to do first.
We had to eat.
Didn't feel like eating at the game, so we went to Costco for a hotdog and drink for $1.50. Can't beat that!
Then, I had forgotten to remind her to check-in for her flight, so we went back to my apt, to do that online, so she could get on the plane first! She got to get on the plane first, so it's good we went back and did it when we did!
Then, we had to go get some money. But...it is Sunday, ATM's only dispense $20 bills. If you go to the MAX station with a $20 bill, you get $18 in change...I'm talking change! (Suzy and I learned that the hard way a few weeks back!) So, we stopped at Albertson's to buy something little to get some change. Then we were off to the MAX. By this time we are already 45 mins late for the game, and the train ride is at least another 25 mins longer. So we get on, and headed off. We get to Washington Park, and I mention this is the Zoo...!
M: "Zoo??"
K:"Yeah, the zoo!"
M:"Do you wanna do that instead?"
K:"Well, we could, we're already an hour late for the game....might as well."
So, we do...we get off and go to the zoo! We didn't bring my camera so we figure we'll get one at the gift shop, right? They have to have one at the gift shop we say.
Well...they do.
A glorious 27 exp disposable camera for the cheap price of....
$12.99
What the f#^%?
Yeah, Rite Aid sells them for cheaper...I think around $4. But, no....the zoo needs to sell them for $12.99. I really wanted pics, so I bought one, Mara refrained. (good job Mara!)
And we proceeded to the zoo.
It was fun, not alot of sights at first, we must have looked at 4 or 5 cages before we actually saw a live animal. I was beginning to think they were all retired for the day. But, we did eventually get to see a monkey or two, a bear, an elephant, a peacock running wild, and I believe a rat ( or large mouse) ran across our path. I did get 27 photos of various animals. I will post them as soon as I get them developed. I can't just plug them into my computer and upload...nope the disposables have not come that far yet! I have to wait for film processing.
Overall, I had a great day. It was fun, I got to see cool animals, I got to hang with a great friend for two days, and I had some social contact!! Thanks Mara!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Guess you really did have a good week-end. Glad you had a good time. Spur-of-the-moment fun is the best! I enjoyed your blog very much. I could just visualize all your activity. Magnifico, my dear.