Sunday, June 11, 2006

Forest Park

Had an awesome hike with Zoe and her family today. We started off at about 9:30 am at NW Portland entrance into Forest Park.

The toal hike was about 8 miles. It was tough, especially since I had just ran a half marathon yesterday, but I like the pain I guess.

After we hiked through forest park (~7 miles, Zoe said), we popped out onto Broadway, and ate lunch at a little restaurant there.

Good food, bad service. Oh well, well worth it. The we had another 1+ mile back to where the car was parked.

Overall, it was an awesome day. Zoe is an amazing photographer, and got some cool shots of me at this stone castle (~1/4 throught the park), and at the Rose Garden (~end of the hike).

Really makes me want to go through with my want of learning about photography. I just can't afford the really nice camera, nor can I afford any of the lens that go on the cameras. I will have to work on saving for that. In the meantime, I can research it, and learn all about how to do it, and what to get. That way, when I am ready...I will know already.

Some of the good pics she took are on her blog. I linked to her at the beginning of this post. Click on "Zoe".

Afterwards, came home for a short nap, feeling really sore already, but decided to go to my softball game anyhow. Glad I did. We won!!

I alos finally made it to first base. I actually walked to first base, but at least I got there. then, I made it to second, and third, and HOME!

Yes, I scored a run for our team! I was so happy. Next time up to bat...same ol' same ol'....hit it, they catch it, I get out, before I even make it to first. Oh well. At least I made it once!!

Tomorrow...no more activity. Just a little housework, maybe a small run, and some grocery shopping. Other than that....rest, rest, and more rest!

No comments: