Sunday, November 16, 2008

Houseguest

Looks like we will be having someone stay with us for a couple weeks in early December. There is a traveler nurse at work, and she lives In Florida. She has been on contract at PG county Hospital and picking up shifts at Howard County. Her contract ends Dec 1, but is sticking around until Dec 15th to get some more shifts at Howard. She was asking where some good hotels are. So, I inquired about why and she told me her story. I told her she is welcome to stay with us for 2 weeks vs paying $110 per night in a hotel. Way better.
Her name is Mary and she is working on her Master's Degree in Nursing. She has been a nurse for years. She has family scattered across the country. Closest son lives in Delaware, and just had a baby. It is her first grandchild. She is so sweet, and so nice. Her and I have become great work friends over the last couple months. I really enjoy talking and working with her.
I know it will an adjustment having someone with us, but for two weeks, it will be just like someone is coming to visit. I am sure it will go great and I am glad to be able to help out a friend. Especially during the Christmas season. I mean if you are gonna stay to get more shifts and more money, why spend a quarter of every day's salary on a hotel!

3 comments:

Babyfro said...

That's very sweet of you. Way to have the holiday spirit. I'm sure she's much happier to stay with you than in a lonely expensive hotel. :-)

Brooke said...

What a great thing you are doing! I know how lonely it can be in a hotel room at night, even when you are surrounded by people all day long. I'm sure she will appreciate what you and Shaun are doing so much!

Are you counting the days until you're done with nights? :)

Jeffrey said...

Very human thing to do ... Good for you...