Thursday, January 07, 2010

To Grandmother's house we go....

Oliver gets to take his first plane ride. We are headed home to WA on Saturday morning. I cannot wait to be home. I haven't been home since April for my baby shower. Way to long. Of course after this trip, I think my next will be in September for my nephew's 5th birthday. I wish I could go home more often. But with the little one, and more to come some day, I just can't travel across the country that easily anymore.

I am hoping for an uneventful flight, but I am just not sure what to expect completely. I hope Oliver does ok. He is normally a pretty content boy, but 10 hours in airports might make a baby a little cranky. I know it makes a mommy cranky. Well, it made me cranky before I was a mommy, so I am sure it will make me more cranky!

On another note. Oliver is already outgrowing his car seat (Max 22 lbs, 29 inches-he is passing the inch mark rapidly), so we had to go searching for a convertible car seat. It holds up to 65lbs and is able to be rear-facing up to 35. But, because the current car seat barely fit in my car without the front passenger kissing the dashboard, we needed to get a new vehicle. So, I have entered the ranks of mini-van mom. We traded in my Mazda3 for a Chrysler Town & Country. It is fully loaded, but used. We just could not afford nor justify spending $30k on a new one. I totally love it. Everyone we talked to who has a van swear by them. Of course I am not 22 anymore (shush, don't tell anyone), I am not so concerned with how it makes me look. I was searching for comfort, room, and ease of use. When we have more kids, we will need it anyway.

It is a burnt orange color, almost red-orange. It has leather seats with seat warmers. DVD system. Navigation system (which isn't really that cool, but it might get me home in a pinch if I am lost), and CD changer. Stow'n'go seats which are really cool if we want to transport large items, we can fold down all the seats-even the third row. Flat. So Nice!!

Oliver is growing lots as I mentioned above. He got a jumperoo for Christmas from his Grandpa, and he loves it. I also love it, because it is making his legs stronger and he is getting used to putting weight on them. That will help with walking and standing soon. He is almost 6 months old at the end of January and he is just such a big boy. His hair is almost all grown in and is just so cute. Still looks a lot like his daddy, but I am shining through a little. At least I like to think so!

I will post a few pics for your viewing pleasure!!






Olivers first cereal. He loved it and has been doing great with it since. We started at 5 months.


Aunt Deanna was able to come visit for Christmas. This is Oliver all dressed up in his church outfit.



I wanna open this one...Oliver's first Christmas was great. He sure made it more fun for us!




Christmas 2009 Family pictures. Santa was great!





Thanksgiving 2009 with Daddy!

Next up....My birthday! Yay!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excited to see you. I have been praying for Oliver's first flight to go well!

Suzy

Marina said...

those photos are great!