Friday, March 27, 2009

Cape Cod

Headed to Cape Cod this year for our first anniversary. We are also making it our "babymoon". Almost all books you read aboiut becoming parents recommend you take one last little get-a-way before baby arrives, just the two of you. We decided Cape Cod would be nice, relaxing, fun and enjoyable. We didn't want to cram in a weekend of sightseeing, considering I will be 7 1/2 months pregnant. So, we decided to do a sight-seeing/relaxing weekend. We will see as much as we can, or rather, as much as I can. Hehe. I have no clue how much I will be able to do. Shaun just really wants to go to Martha's Vineyard. Sounds fun to me! I want to go to Boston. I have never been and neither has he. He also has a friend from high school/college that lives there. He hasn't seen her in years. It will be nice to catch up with her...and for me to meet her! She sounds really nice. She has 3 young children, so she has given me a piece of advice or two.
We are going in the off-season, so I hope most things won't be closed. Season doesn't start until mid-spring, usually around Memorial Day. Good thing is, it won't be busy for the things that are open! Most things are outside stuff to see and do, but I am sure they close things off.
I am hoping spring arrives by then. I am getting really tired of winter weather. We are starting to see things warm up a bit, but very sporadic. I would love to see everyday sunny, cool to warm temps (65-70), birds singing, flowers blooming. I don't mind a day of rain (if it must come) but not everyday. I can only hope we have good weather on our vaca!!

2 comments:

flarin_erin said...

Oh when will the warm weather come?

and when it gets here I'll begin to complain about the heat.

Brooke said...

Have a great time at Cape Cod- that is one of my dream vacation destinations! One of the perks of living on the east coast is definitely the close proximity and driving distance to so many places. Can't wait to see pictures!

Hope you've been feeling well!