Sunday, June 14, 2009

35 weeks

4 and half weeks and counting. I will get my 35 week pic posted...after I take it. Doing great though. Feel tired, and don't get good sleep anymore, but feeling pretty good. I am still working, plan to up until I go into labor or July 11 (Sat before I am due), whichever comes first.
We have decided on a name, but will wait to announce it here until after the birth. Only our close family and friends have been given the name.
I am having some contractions here and there, but only Braxton Hicks. I know, because they don't hurt, have no regularity and they go away. For the last few weeks I have been having maybe 3-5 a day, now I am having them more often, but still not real contractions.
My next appt is Wed, when they will check to see if I have started dilating. I then go in every week after that. I will try to keep things updated.
We think we are ready. We have prepared and gotten everything ready that we can think of. Car seats in the car and everything. Just need to pack my bags in the next week or two so they are ready to go when baby is!
Birthing classes are going great. Learning some good techniques. My plan is to have a natural (non-medicated) labor as long as I can handle it. I am willing to accept an epidural if it comes down to it.
We took a tour of the birthing suite last Wed. Looks like a nice place. My mother is coming a few days before I am due, so if he comes on time, then she will be here to help me labor along with my loving and amazing husband, Shaun.
T-minus 4 weeks and 3 days and counting!!

1 comment:

Brandi said...

Good luck! I hope your first isn't a week late like mine was :)