Monday, June 01, 2009

Pics of the Nursery, so far!


A little dark, but I had to close the shades to take the picture or it would be too washed out. This is the view from outside the door. The rocking chair will replace the fouton when we get it. In the meantime, at least I have a place to sit when I am in there!

I tried to get the whole room, but the room is too small, and I couldn't back out far enough for the angle on the camera. Oh well. You get the point. Changing table in the corner, only needs to have the door on it, but I gave Shaun a break and said he could finish that when he gets a chance to. At least I have a workable table. Can't wait to put baby on it!

Of course our crib. We know not to have the comforter in there, but I like the decoration for now. We will use the bumper in the crib until baby can pull himself up or move around more freely.

Close-up of the Changing table. He did such a great job. He is so handy.

This is a close-up of the dresser that he made. We had bought some baskets and decided they would be good for a dresser, so he designed a great dresser around that idea. It was either too short or too skinny with just the baskets, so he added a couple drawers. Really makes it complete. We even have little monkey drawer pulls!

Well there you have it. That is our nursery. Ready for baby. Due in 6 weeks now, and counting! Can't wait to have people come see the place in person. Trying to get the rest of the house together too.

Shaun's Dad was here this weekend, and decided to get us the jogging stroller we wanted and the highchair we wanted. Wow, he is so generous. We knew he wanted to get us something, just didn't know it would be both things! The highchair matches our dining room perfectly. Couldn't have asked tried to make it match better. Like it was meant for our place.

Jogging stroller is great too. Can't wait to get out running with him. Of course, he needs to be a bit older (and born first) to be able to hold his head up and maybe sit up. It does lay down for comfort, but don't want a poor newborn bouncing around in a jogger too early. Shaun would take him out on day 2 if it said it was for newborns. Thank goodness it is rated for 6 months+. Hehehe.

Of course, that will be a nice incentive to get me out more and get moving more. I have really been longing to start running and train for another marathon. I probably want to because I can't (we always want things we can't have), but still. Goal post-baby is to get active again, and lose lots of weight.

I haven't gained too much weight with this pregnancy, but I did gain more than the 15-20 I was hoping for. Let's hope I don't end up with a 10lb baby! Ouch!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You guys have done a great job! The nursery looks adorable. Can't wait to meet baby later this fall! :)

Brandi said...

the room looks great! Did you decide on a name? Boys names are SO hard!

Suzy said...

Everything looks perfect! I am so excited to see it all.

Jen said...

I'm so impressed - the room is so picture perfect. You guys are a great team. Can't wait to see you (and baby Mierzwa).....just over a month!