Monday, August 31, 2009

Wow how time flies. Oliver was born over 5 weeks ago. I cannot believe time has moved so fast. He is doing great. Growing and getting strong. He has been sleeping through the night since week 2. Anywhere from 6-8 hours straight, then another 3-4 hours after a feeding. His neck is getting stronger daily. His last appt he was 10lbs, 10oz, and 22 1/4 inches long- both in the 75th percentile. He is just so long and skinny.
He is very alert during the day and very content. He really only cries to tell us he is hungry! Here are a few of the things we have been up to...


Shaun's Dad came to visit. This pic is great, all three look exactly the same.



This pic is right before my mom left. She came, but had to extend her trip a few days longer because Oliver took his sweet time arriving. It was great to have you here mom, we love and miss you very much! She made yummy home cooked food for us everyday she was here...we really miss her!!



Suzy came to visit for two weeks. It was great to finally spend some quality time together. Living across the country, it is so hard to get good time in during short visits.
We went to DC for the day and also to Inner Harbor. I wish I could have showed her more places, but too difficult with a newborn.
I do try to get out daily though. Even if only to the store or for a short walk. It has been great! Oliver learned to love his car seat from day 2 on.



This is our family pic in DC!



My friend, Ruth, wanted to come over for a photo shoot. We tried to go to Picture People when he was 8 days old, but none of the pictures were worth paying $18/sheet. So, when Ruth came over, I pulled out and dusted off my trusty D70 and had a photo shoot of my own too. It was great to get behind the camera again. I miss it, and need to get back into doing it more.

My brother also came to visit. It was actually a surprise for me. What a surprise it was. I had no clue until he was on the plane and almost here. He was able to stay for a few days and join us on the DC trip and the Inner Harbor trip. We had lots of fun! Thanks for coming Matt!
Shaun's sister Deanna came for 4 days too. She was here middle of August. She got to meet her first nephew and spend some time. She lives down in Alabama, and will be moving to Oklahoma in December, so she won't get to see him much!
I am surprised I had no photos of my brother or Shaun's sister with Oliver, but I think all were taken on their own camera's.
I have to head back to work at the end of September. Not looking forward to it, but I am sure I will survive. We won't have to think about daycare until December, but we are considering a nanny until he is 1 yr old. It just isn't worth it to pay for all week infant care in daycare when we only need 7 hrs a day for 2 days a week. Plus, one-on-one care when he is still an infant I think is best!
Shaun's Dad will be coming back to visit in mid-September for a week or so. Looking forward to having grandpa here again!
I was able to finally use a Christmas 2007 gift card for spa day. I had a great massage, pedicure, and hair cut/style. It was my practice away from Oliver. He had to take a bottle for the first time ever and did great. I think he missed me, but I was only gone for 5 hours, and he loves spending time with his daddy!
He also loves sitting in his bouncy chair and watch us in the kitchen. He is content just sitting there, as long as he is in the same room as we are. So cute!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm happy he's being such a good baby for you. Beautiful pictures!