Monday, March 28, 2011

I am humbled

I am pleasantly surprised by the fact that I still have readers. Thank you! I will try to keep posting, but I am bad at it.
I have my 20 week anatomy scan on Apr 12th and am scared to death they are going to tell me that my little girl is now a boy. I know the lady that did my scan was 100% sure and I could even tell it was a girl, but I still have this gut feeling that my dream isn't going to come true.
We have fallen in love with our little girl. we have named her (although I am not announcing it on the internet, just in case we decide to change it-I doubt it though since I have already ordered 2 personalized items with her name on it). I will be devastated because although I will love another boy, I have gotten used to the idea that my little miracle is a girl. I will keep you all updated in two weeks on that note.
On another note, I am in New Orleans (pronounce N'awlans) this week. Shaun had a medical conference and since I needed to be off work anyway, I thought I would tag along. It is a great little city. I just wish my belly thought so too. Two meals, and twice my belly has not agreed with it. I am hoping it will pass since the food is good. Shaun pretty much gets after 5pm off, so Oliver and I do a few things then we all go out in the evening. The weather is great. High 70's, low 80's and a slight breeze. A little humidity, but not much compared to what I am used to. Makes me more excited to go on our cruise in a month. Caribbean weather will be warmer and ready for beach and swimming. I brought my suit, but they have an outdoor pool. Mom never let us swim unless it was 80 degrees or warmer and now, I understand. 80 really isn't that warm...when you talk about swimming in the pool. I might take Oliver down to the pool anyway, just to see if it is warm water.
Sorry, rambling. Next up...trip home. I have been dying to go home. I haven't been home since Sept, and I miss my family and friends terribly. When I was home in Sept, I didn't really reach out to my friends 9except my best friend, Suzy) because I had just gone through a miscarriage, and I guess I just didn't feel up to it. I didn't realize it at the time, but looking back I am guessing that is why. Needless to say, I need my friends. I am hoping to go home before Baby M#2 arrives, but I just am not sure when I will be able to make the trip. It is super expendy and living in Maryland sucks the life and money out of you! I so cannot wait to be done.
That is all for now!

2 comments:

Just Another Mother Runner said...

keep writing! i'm reading :)

Just Another Mother Runner said...

P.S..can't wait to hear your name choice..loved oliver's!