Monday, December 31, 2007

MOVED IN!!!

We closed on our first condo purchase on Friday. Went smooth. We started moving stuff in, but Saturday was our first night in the new place.

Also, had some house guests. Shaun's Dad and sister came to visit, and celebrate Christmas.

That was nice.

Down side...I got sick.

So I spent most of the time they were here in bed/on the couch. I wish I had felt better, to be a better host, but at least they understood.

Today (New Year's Eve) I worked, but totally should not have. I hate calling in sick. Of course, lesson learned. I got the losing end of that deal. Oh well. Next time I will just call in, relax, and get well. I will not worry about what is happening at the hospital and how much trouble I caused by calling in sick. Shaun said goodbye to our houseguests then went and did all the cleaning at the apt., turned in the keys, and bid farewell to rent. Woohoo!!

We are super excited. We also got some new furniture and are working on getting things put away and some decorative stuff on the walls! I will post some pics once that has happened. Of course, if you want to see pics, refer back to a previous post. There are about 5-6 good pics of our place, just with the old owner's things in it.

Have a Happy New Year! I hope 2008 is great for everyone! We plan to have a nice dinner, cuddle on the couch (while I fall asleep- I am so exhausted from being sick and working all day), maybe watch a movie, and ring in the new year!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats!! I'm glad everything went smoothly. Enjoy the new place!

Natalie said...

Happy New Year! Take care of yourself...I didn't rest much when I was sick last month..and I am still not totally better.

Congratulations on the new home...