Saturday, March 22, 2008

Bridal Shower

This weekend is my bridal shower(today actually). I got into town Thursday night. Yesterday was filled with wedding chores. We had to approve flowers and finalize those. We had to apply for marriage license. We had to get tuxes squared away. And then some little odds/ends here and there. Lots of fun.
Today is the shower, my final dress fitting. I know it is early, but there isn't any other time I will be here to get fitted, except the week before. So, I think this is it. I will have to try to maintain my weight (which shouldn't be too hard, I have been doing that for months now-just not the weight I want to be at.) so I can fit into my dress in 6 weeks.
I don't think very many people are able to make the shower, so it will be small and intimate, but that is ok. I understand bridal showers aren't exactly on the top of everyone's to-do list, and it is Easter weekend. Oh well.
I am off to my fitting with my bridesmaid, Suzy. She has been hanging with me all weekend. How great it is to spend time with one of my best friends, that I get to see about 2-3 times per year (if I am lucky).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey kathleen
hope your shower went well. can't wait until your wedding. jonny is getting married in june..crazy huh! :)
steph