Monday, January 05, 2009

Lots Going on

Hi de ho!!

Long time, I know!!

I have so much going one right now, but I am just starting my vacation, so I might actually get to breath for a moment!

Holidays were great. Christmas we got to go to NY and see Shaun's family. It was fun, except I was blessed with the stomach flu for the first day or two. Not so fun there. Wouldn't have been so bad, but it just wears you out!

Headed home on Wednesday. Haven't been there since the wedding in May. Long time coming. I miss my family so much, and 8 months is way too long to stay away. I hope the kiddos remember me!! Hehehe, of course they will, but still.

Good as time as any, I guess. I am officially pregnant!! I am now 13 weeks, and the baby is growing so much already. I am already showing and wearing maternity clothes. I will post a pic when I get Shaun to take one of me!

I have been doing great, no morning sickness really. Week 6-8 was a little touch and go at times, but no throwing up, so that is good. I also had a head cold the week before Christmas. Hopefully I am done being sick, it just makes me so tired!

Loving working the day shift. I finally feel like my life is normal again. I will never do nights again, if I can avoid it. Being in the field I am in, it might not be completely avoidable for my entire career, but I will try. Nights are NOT for me!

We are thinking of taking up our hard wood floor and putting carpet down. It will keep the house warmer, and be better for when baby arrives. Hard to have a little one crawling all over a hard, cold floor. I know, babies don't start crawling right away, I am not dumb, but they do have tummy time, and grow so fast. If we don't do it soon, it may never get done. We also considered leaving hardwood floor down (fake of course) and just adding carpet over it. What do you recommend, any suggestions?

Oh, never really mentioned due date. I am due Mid-July, we are planning to find out the sex, so hopefully that will work out. We will be able to find out come end of February. I am hoping to make it home at least one more time before baby comes. I am thinking maybe April or May. Don't want to be traveling to close to due date, but want to come home, cuz I don't know when I will make it home again. Very hard to go gallivanting across the country with a baby, unless it is well planned out and a nice long trip. Which I am not sure I will be able to take again for a while.

Everyone is welcome to come visit, anytime!! Just let us know! That's all the updates for now, hopefully, I will be better at keeping up on the blog this year. That is my New Year's Resolution: Keeping up on the blog and reading others frequently! What is your New Year Resolution, and are you gonna keep it?? I have never had one before, but this year I will try really hard!!

5 comments:

Brooke said...

Congratulations!! How exciting for you and Shaun to be starting a family! I can't wait to hear if it's a boy or girl, so hopefully the little one will cooperate. Glad you're on days and getting a little vacation time to get home and visit. I bet your family can't wait to see you all pregnant and cute! Congrats again!

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for you and Shaun! I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying your day shift too. I hope you'll keep your resolution and keep us all updated on your new baby plans!

Tash said...

Congratulations Kathleen!?!?! That is such great news! Good luck to you and Shaun with the baby and all the planning!!! Oh and if you have real hardwood floors, I would leave them down and put carpet over them.....definitely adds value to have hardwoods.

Congratulations again!!!!

Brandi said...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH congrats! Kids are the greatest thing ever, you will be such good parents. I recommend leaving the floor and buying carpet to lay over it. You can go to carpet stores and they will custom make any size you want and finish the ends. We love the versatility it offers in our house! And they don't crawl long before they are walking!

Becky said...

Congrats!! I'm so excited for the two of you! :)