Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Down Under

Unfortunately, the title is a little misleading. It sort of implies I am on vaction in Australia.

But I am not.

I am sick. I am down under the weather.

I don't get sick often, but when I do, I get sick bad, and it sucks!!

I have the head cold thing. The runny/stuffy nose, the sneezing, the cough...oh the cough.

I think the cough is the worst. I can't stop. I have that tickle in my throat, and I just can't seem to get rid of it.

I feel so tired. I worked extra on Sunday. 8 hours, so I got to go home at 3. Came home, went to bed around 4, woke up at 6am the next morning.

Still feeling like crap, but it was too late for me to call in sick. Besides I had just worked an extra shift the day before. Wuldn't look good, to work the extra shift, then call in sick for my regular shift.

So, I managed to plunge through work, taking care of all the other little sickies. I was so exhausted by the end of the day, I hope I finished everything.

I have three days off now, so I am gonna rest up, and get plenty of sleep/fluids.

Gotta be a good role model, since I am a nurse and all. Must drink plenty of fluids, and get plenty of rest. Those are the rules. Don't go see the doctor, unless I get worse or don't' get better in a few days.

Most colds are viral, and seeing the doctor will not help, since you can't take anything for viruses. You have to wait them out. Even though it sucks. Your body will kill it off.

I am hoping I get better, so I can enjoy a day off or two, sinc when I go back...I have to work 4 days in a row. That sucks too.

Two or three in a row isn't bad, but 4 really sucks! So, I will just get better, then go push myself again at work. Let's hope I don't get sick again!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yuck. Vacation in Australia sounds so much better.

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you don't have a significant other to take care of you and pamper you during your illness. Are you not seeing anyone?