Sunday, April 09, 2006

The BIG 5

I had to work yesterday (Saturday), so I had to do Vancouver fit this week. It was fun, but when I got there, I wondered where all the people were. There, apparently, are only about 100 VFit members, compared to about 1200 PFit members. Big difference.

It was nice though. Nice to do a different route. Nice to meet new people. The only down side, if you don't know the route...you could get lost. There aren't that many runners, so you get spread out easily. Although today was only 5 miles, it wasn't bad.

Yes, I ran 5 miles today. No where near 26.2, but I will get there. 5 was tough for me today. I felt really good the second half of the run, but the first half...I was struggling.

I am not sure if it was the uphill, or the unknown. Sometimes when i don't know a route, I feel like it will never end.

As soon as one of the coaches said " You are over half way done", I started feeling better immediately, also, from then on, it was pretty much downhill, since the first part was pretty much uphill.

To make matters worse, my shoulder has been killing me the last couple days. I don't know what happened to it, but for a couple years on/off again, it gets sore tight, I can't even life my arm. I have tried Chiropractic...couldn't keep doing that. It cost me $20 every visit. And if you know Chiro's, they want you to come back 3 times a week for several weeks, just to fix one minor problem.

I have tried massage in the past, and that has worked. Not 100%, but better, then it goes away and doesn't bother me for a long time.

But, it is back.

It has been tough at work, since I am required to do lots with my arms. So, I am hoping it will be temporary, and it will go away soon.

Back to my run. I am done now, it was a good run.

One more down side. We were stopped at a stoplight waiting for it to turn so we could cross, and between two people I noticed bird droppings...dropping. So I loked up and sure enough, there was a bird, so I told them what had happened (they didn't notice), and I moved out of the way. Well, apparently the bird wasn't done, it got me on my shoulder. So I have bird droppings on my shoulder for the rest of the run! Nice!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bird droppings mean good luck, right?

Anonymous said...

oooh, gross! good thing you are a nurse and not as easily grossed out as I am. Suzy