Monday, April 17, 2006

He is Risen...Indeed!

I went to church on Sunday. It was great. I had so much fun. I met a ton of great new people. Laura introduced me to most of them. Cheryl was also there. Cheryl and Laura are nurses I work with.

So, it was Easter Sunday, and due to time, there wasn't much of a sermon, but it was a good one. The only red flag I have is this...There were no mention of specific scriptures. No opening of bibles. A little thing that made me think, but then...maybe it was just because of Easter. There was an awesome music group, the kids sang, and he talked about the rise of Jesus, and the 12 apostles, and how their lives were changes with the rise of Jesus.

So, I will go back again next Sunday (by next Sunday I mean the Sunday after next, because next Sunday I will be in Spokane for Mara's Wedding!!), and see if he starts mentioning scriptures. If not, I will have to rethink, if this is the church for me. If not, I met another group of awesome people. They all go to Calvary Chapel. I may go there one Sunday, and see if that church is for me.

My friend Amber invited me over to her house for dinner. That was fun. There were a big group of church people there, and I met a ton of people I can see myself hanging out with again.

Change of subject...I contacted the Loft at Frontier.

You are probab;y asking what the Loft at Frontier is.

Well, I will tell you...

It is a doggie day camp at a vet's office. They are open M-F, 6:30am to 8pm. About $23/day, or I can get 20 days at a time for $17.50/day. Not bad. It will give Charlie a safe place to play with other doggies, and be watched, so he doesn't have to stay in his cage all the time. That is only a last resort, if I have to work more than 2 days in a row. He can go there during the middle day.

I know it isn't perfect. In a perfect world, I would stay home all the time, and play with my puppy, and be skinny. But I am not, and I cannot, so I do the best I can!!

Went for a good run this evening. Thinking I was running 7 miles, but once I got out there, I forgot which road to turn on. I turned on what I thought was the correct road...turns out, I was wrong. It ended up cutting my run down by 2 miles. I only ran 5. Too bad. Oh well. I will get my 7 miler in next week on Tues. I have to miss this Sat's run (which is the 7 miler), was gonna do it today, but obviously...DIDN'T!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just thought I might put this out there. You can't decide whether a church is poor/bad or not by whether they quote scriptures or open the bible during sermon. You have to see people for what's in their heart. You could go to a church where all they do is read from the bible and quote scriptures, that doesn't mean the people there are good or that thier faith is strong. It makes me sad that you sound like you're basing your choice of church on something that is so superficial. Read your scripture at home and go to church to connect on a higher level.

Anonymous said...

SO proud of you! Pastors at any church should open their bible or at least splash scripture up on the screen...try it out again..could have been one time thing..GOod luck!
P.S. Jason got a job! We are moving to Kelso..after we find a house first..probably within 2 months! Wish us luck! Love ya!