Tuesday, September 12, 2006

21miler

My 21 mile benchmark went great. I ran pretty much the whole thing, only walked a few times. It just hurts so much to walk, and then to start running again, so it is just easier to keep running.

So, anyway, it went great. I felt great the whole time, and only the last mile really sucked.

The course took us out to St. John's Bridge, which is part of the marathon course. It was nice to get to run that ahead of time, because they say that is the "big" hill on the race, and it is at mile 17. That makes me a little less anxious about a "big" hill, having ran it already. It really was pretty though. I ran up the whole thing without stopping. I am pretty proud of that. I am not sure I will have the same motivation during the marathon, but I am hoping I do. My running partner's theory is just walk up the hill, save the energy. I will have to see how I am feeling at mile 17 to decide. I am not sure either way yet.

I am still hurting a little in my quads and my hips, but really haven't hurt that much. Matter of fact, started Fall softball last night with a double header. I got to play lots. Mostly outfield and catcher, but played 2nd base one time. That was fun, but didn't make any plays. Oh well. One girl hurt her hand, and another girl got hit in the face with the ball while running to the base, but she is ok. The first girl did break her fingers, but will be ok. Only a few games during fall ball, but it will be fun.

Also coming up....

Kickball Tournament. I think that will be fun. it is Saturday Sept 23. One day. I think we are guaranteed at least 4 games. So that is cool!

Halloween Softball Game. That is the w/e Mara is coming to visit, so she may play in it to, if the times workout ok. This game is softball, but we are required to wear a costume. Sounds like fun. I don't know what to dress up as. Anything related to softball is out. Any suggestions???

1 comment:

Jeffrey said...

Carmen Electra ;)