Thursday, September 14, 2006

Can't Sleep

So last night, no matter what I tried, I just could not sleep. I laid there for hours it seemed. I went to bed at like 10 or 11, finally fell asleep at about 2 or 2:30am.

No joke.

So, I was listening to KUPL 98.7 fm last night. They started giving away Brooks & Dunn tickets at midnight. Every hour for 24 hours. All through today.

So, when the first hour offer was announced, I dialed the number, and all I got was busy tones. Oh well. I have never won anything over here. I used to win stuff at home all the time. Maybe less people trying, I don't know. But here, I have yet to win anything.

Then, at 1:30am, when the second hour offer was announced, I immediately started dialing again.

This time....ring...ring...

"KUPL, who's this?"

"This is Kathleen"

"You're caller number 9"

"Yes!"

So, yeah, I won tickets to the Brooks & Dunn concert on Oct 22. I didn't even know they were coming here. I am not even sure I like them that well. But free tickets. I will learn to like them.

So, I get to go pick up my free tickets next week. I have no clue if they will be good, bad, or somewhere in between seats. I don't care.

I asked my Dad to accompany me to the concert. He said that's a big "maybe".

No, he just has to make sure his schedule (golfing) is free. This will be the first time in a long time I will have spent time with just me and Dad. I am looking forward to it.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brooks and Dunn Rock!!!

Brent and I have tickets for the Spokane show the Friday before. I love, love, love them. And if you pick up one of their greatest hits CDs, you'll love them too!

Congrats!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, yeah, the whole reason I came to your blog - I wanted to say thank you so very much for donating to JDRF. You are awesome!! Thank you!!

Jeffrey said...

Good for you ... Sleepless nights are sometimes worth it.

Kathleen said...

I guess I do like B&D, but I think I like the older B&D better, than some of their newer stuff, oh well. I am sure I will enjoy it, I love music!!

Anonymous said...

You are so lucky! I love B&D. Their new song Burning Bridges is with Sheryl Crow..love it! I have their newest CD. Too bad you weren't closer, I'd burn you a copy!
Have fun!
P.S..if dear Uncle Gary can't attend, I'd be more than willing!

Jeffrey said...

You and Pssst, it's me should put together a coffee table book on deleted posts. I hope all is better....

Anonymous said...

Ah! What did I miss?!

Anonymous said...

Need NEW input, i n p u t ! Need more input!