Friday, September 08, 2006

A Visit to the Wetlands

Zoe and I, and the kids, all visited the Wetland Observatory yesterday. It was pretty cool. Ton of nature at its best. We didn't see too many creatures, but still had some fun. There were some really cool trails that brought us to some really picturesque places. I got some awesome pics.
This place is out in Hillsboro. I had no clue it was there. The waters were mostly dried up, and the bugs/animals were all hiding. It was pretty hot. There is this cool little area for learning at the beginning. It was fun. Got to play and learn a few things. Always fun!
Here are the pics we took.
I thought this was hilarious. Simple things amuse me I guess.


These are some good nature pics. I thought the area was really serene.






This is my favorite picture. I want to try to blow this one up. This is the first time I have liked a picture that I took enough to blow it up really big. I will have to see what it turns out like. If it still looks good big, maybe I can frame it and start my collection of my own pictures hanging in my home!


Xander
.
Zoe

Kathleen

Isaac (he brought his camera too, and was taking lots of good shots!)

Cool Birdhouses all over the place

Zoe, Xander, and Isaac walking on the trail.

Another one of my favorite shots.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the "bats" ! They look pretty dangerous to me, he he he!
See ya this afternoon.