Wednesday, August 08, 2007


I am home from Washington. I had a blast. I got lots of wedding details started. I gave each of my bridesmaids a job, and we found a place!! We are getting married at Promise Gardens in Pasco. It is beautiful!! I can't wait.
I also got my dress, but because Shaun has access to my blog, I can't post a pic. Besides, I want it to be a surprise for everyone else too!!
Lots of details of course still needing to be completed. We talked with a caterer, and I have to look at websites of various photographers, so we can narrow down one. We wanted to get recommendations from people in the Tri-Cities, people who have hired photographers, that way we know we get a good one. Too many of my family and friends were not pleased with their photographer, and they didn't get the pictures that they wanted.
Umm, what else...hmmm. Let's see. I have gotten great ideas from so many people, but if you have a great idea that you want to share, I am willing to listen. That is how great weddings come together...take many ideas, and make them work with my wedding. So far our theme is Springtime butterflies. Colors are pink and green. It is an outside, afternoon wedding. Let the ideas flow...

3 comments:

Babyfro said...

Sorry you were in and out so fast. Would have been nice to see you. Kajsa and Daniel were here on Thursday it was great to see her. I liked the Promise Gardens, I thought it was a beautiful setting, glad to see you chose it.

Brandi said...

you should email maren - i think she liked her photographer :)

Natalie said...

Helpful tips...I wish I would have known...
#1 Have a point person, who is NOT in the wedding party check out everything for you. Give them all the details that you would worry about...let them take care of it...and you RELAX and ENJOY!!!!!!!!!

I saw a beautiful cake with butterflies on it last week...one which a bride brought in...I'll try to find a pic and email it to you...really, really pretty.