Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Move and then some

So, we are all moved into our new apartment. I started my new job yesterday. We love it here. The area is wonderful, beautiful, and clean. The new job...we'll have to see, but so far so good. Everyone was really nice, and it is alot like Tuality (my old job in Portland), so I feel at home.
We don't have internet yet. Hopefully the cable guy will come today. I am getting a wireless signal from someone, in order to access the internet. I was thinking just keep using the free wireless signal, until we can't anymore, then getting our own. It is a strong signal, and there was only a period of about an hour, that I couldn't seem to get any signal. I think that is a great idea, don't you?
I also decided to join Weight Watchers. I had lost about 40 lbs total last year, but have seemed to gain about 15-20 of those back. I don't EVER want to get back to where I was at the beginning of last year. Way too big for me. So, I joined and weighed in on Monday. Shaun is doing it with me, but from home. I pay and go weigh in, he just weighs in here. I tried to change my gym membership, so I could go to any gym, but they want $300 down and increase to $50/month. I can understand the $50/mo, but not the additional 300. So, I will just use the gym here, and the beautiful outdoors. Which is ok, since I really hate gyms anyhow.
I signed up for Half marathon about 3 months ago. It is coming up Sept 9th. I have decided not to run it, since I haven't ran in almost a year, but Shaun said he would walk it with me. I think we can handle a 13 mile walk, once. Hehehe. I haven''t decided for sure.
Hmmm, not much else going on. Still trying to unpack a few odd things. Trying to find a home for them. I don't get the same furniture, so things fit differently. Plus, we have way more stuff than if I was traveling alone, and planning to move every three months. I know I will be here longer, and Shaun has all his stuff, so it is a pain to move. We are really hoping we can just stay here for the remainder of the time.
I don't have any pictures of the place, but it is nice. Oh speaking of pictures, we have arranged to take professional engagement pictures next week sometime. We are really excited about that. Hopefully they will be good, and we can send them out with our save-the-date cards!
As soon as we get our internet decided upon, I will post more again.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you're getting settle in. I'm so happy you're getting pictures done! Can't wait to see them.

Babyfro said...

I'm thinking of doing WW too. I lost quite a bit with it when I did it at home last time and I still have 10 lbs to lose to hit my pre-preggo weight. I'm happy to hear you're moved and settling in. Hopefully we'll get to see some pics of the new place.

Good luck with the engagement pictures. I hope you get some good ones.

Anonymous said...

hee hee I still don't want to do wedding photography. Maybe some day. I do want to sit back and enjoy the big day though. Good luck with the WW adventure! Jason and I did it together after the first baby and it was a fun way to keep eachother motivated. We had a bit of a competition going on. He usually schooled me every week.

Natalie said...

Glad you are all moved to Baltimore...lots of fun things to do and great restaurants...especially this neat Italian Dessert Bar, Vaccaro's in Little Italy...YUMMY! Not that you want to hear about that after Weight Watchers. I knew I should have posted a comment about this place last week...you should still go and try a little something.