Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Rock'n'Roll Half Marathon

Ok.

I am gonna do it.

Seriously.

I am.

I found someone at work that wants to do it with me, so we will train together. The run is August 31, 2008 in Virginia Beach, VA. I will start training after the wedding/honeymoon. That will give us three whole months to train, plus a couple weeks. Of course, I haven't started running yet, but I will, give me time. Right now I am still working crazy hours. When we get back, I will have two weeks for 60hr weeks, but then will be done with that. Then, I will pick up a shift when I want, maybe 1 or 2 a month, not a week like I have been.

This is a good thing. Not doing it to lose weight (great if I do), not doing to get healthy (great if I do), not doing it to get in shape (great if I do). I am just doing it! No goals, other than to do it!

Now, Shaun is supposed to be gone for a month in Aug. Aug 11- Sept 11th. So, he won't be here to see me run, but I did promise him, there will be others! This is not the end. Just like the last few years haven't been the end. Just took a little break. I am ready to come back.

On a side note: 10 days to go till the wedding. I work the next couple days, then we leave early Saturday morning (7:50 am) to head home to WA. We are getting so excited. Everything is done and ready except the things that have to be done in the days right before the wedding. So, we will have a busy week, but it will be fun! See you all in just a few short days!!!

3 comments:

Brooke said...

How exciting for you, I hope you're able to relax and enjoy the days before the wedding! And I'm so jealous you are running a 1/2 marathon. I did one last year in early Sept. and I LOVED it. I was suppose to run the San Diego Rock N' Roll full marathon for my 30th birthday on June 1st, but growing a baby and running a marathon just don't mix! I'll be thinking about you next weekend!

Natalie said...

I can't believe our big day is a week away! Have a great time and lots of fun on your honeymoon. I can't wait to see the photos.
Best Wishes!

Natalie said...

Ohh gosh! I MEANT...YOUR big day!!!!!!! I have had something in my eye for 2 days now...and I am typing with literally one eye open.