Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Almost had a night off...

Shaun came home early. We enjoyed an early dinner, and some much needed cuddle time. Was about to head to Target to look at some stuff, then to Lowe's to do paint shopping.


Ring. Ring.

(Look at Caller ID-Hospital where I work) I was thinking to myself, Hmmm, they gonna ask me to come in tonight. I am already working 5 days this week, so I didn't want to go in.

Mary (charge nurse): " You on your way in? (It is about 7:30 pm at this time, regular shift starts at 7pm)

Kathleen: "Uh, no" Thinking, is this your way of asking me to work tonight?

Mary: "You are scheduled to be here"

Kathleen: "No, I am off tonight, I work tomorrow night"

Mary: " I have you on the schedule, we really need you."

Kathleen: Looking at my calendar-"Sure enough, I screwed up. I guess I am supposed to be there. I guess I will be there in a few."

Mary: "Thanks, see you when you get here."

So, turns out, Shaun and I didn't get to go to Target/Lowe's last night. I had to go to work. Luckily I slept most of the day, so it wasn't bad. The only downside, I had to leave. I never get to Shaun anymore, its getting really hard to leave in the evening.

But, I like my job, and the time passes pretty quickly. Last night was no exeption. I had a busy night, and the time flew. However, it was almost too busy the last couple hours. I had a very busy pt, that kept all my time, not allowing me to see my other pts (who were all admitted-waiting for beds on the floors). I don't like it when that happens.

Oh well. I am home now, and tonight I get off. So tonight we will go to Target/Lowe's and do what we wanted to do last night.

Fun Times!!

2 comments:

Jeffrey said...

Less than a month...
Tick, tock

Anonymous said...

Oh, I hate it when that happens! Or when they "update" the schedule after it's gone out. Eh, that's one thing (of many) I don't miss about being in a pharmacy.

Hope you had fun on your real night off! =)