Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Can you believe it??

The countdown is almost complete. We are home and just running the errands that need to be done. We are getting really excited. Can't wait!!

Guests start arriving tomorrow.

Festivities start Friday and go through Sunday. Wow. Just a couple days away till that happens. Tomorrow I get my final fitting for my dress, men pick up their tuxes. Yeah.

Making some welcome baskets and wrapping some gifts. Fun, fun, fun!

I have been pretty tired, but I think that is mostly because I am awake in the day time, switched back to west coast time, and just getting rest from working SO much lately. This vacation time has been nice. I have actually had time to do some leisure reading, took a few naps, and haven't felt rushed.

I have been reading about the FLDS lad that escaped a few years ago. Since the raid has been in the news of the polygamist ranch in Utah/Arizona area, I have been following it. I heard about this girl that escaped and wrote about her life. So far, very interesting. I can't believe these women live like that. The book is really good. I feel bad for all of them.

Oh, Shaun and I also went and got some (more) engagement pictures. Our wedding photographer wanted to meet with us ahead of time, to get to know us, so we can get to know him, and he can see how we do in front of the camera. He said we are naturals and very fun. He is excited to do our wedding. He even had a viewing ready for us the next morning. That was today. We had chosen about 14 really great photos. We ordered one for the wedding. It will be on display as guests arrive. It is REALLY good. I can't wait for the wedding photos. He is a ton of fun, and a great photographer. We made the right choice.

Matter of fact, so far we have been very pleased with almost all the vendors that we chose. We will have to see how Saturday goes. So far, it looks good. See you there!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoo hoo! Can't wait! As of this afternoon, the programs are complete. And beautiful I might add. =)

Mrshappyanna said...

Your blog is exciting reading! Your happiness and excitement come bursting through the words you write :-)

I hope you have a wonderful and memorable day. Its the perfect day to get married.. being Beltaine, the start of the growing season :-)

Bright Blessings,
Anna

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to share your special day! What are the plans for Saturday earlier in the day? Just wondering if we should come over earlier or just show up at the wedding site? I think Dad is golfing with Gary..just wondering what the girls are doing. :) Let me know what your thoughts are on that.

Brooke said...

I hope you enjoy every second of your big day- or the entire weekend for that matter! Can't wait to see pictures!