Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Changes

Well, a new position opened up at work. I had been thinking of switching before, but decided to stay on nights. Now, an 11a-11p shift opened up. I am totally psyched to be able to switch. Of course, I am not 100% sure I will get the position, I am really keeping my fingers crossed that I do. The previous shift change would have been to 3p-3a, and it would have been worse than my current shift. Shaun and I decided we liked having our dinners together everynight. Now, we won't get to have dinner together every night, but we can have breakfast together, plus actually get to sleep in the same bed at the same time. Wow! What a concept, huh?
Other than that, I have been busy. I mean, I work, and sleep, and do some housework. In between waking up at 2am and being awake until 4pm (just in time for my hubby to come home), then I am zonked. I really hate, no HATE, nights!!!!
I am really struggling. I have been battling some minor depression lately. I think it is bad enough being on nights and not having any real order to my life, then complicated with my family/friends being across the country. I haven't even heard from my mother in a couple weeks. About once a month I will hear from a friend. Maybe. I am feeling a bit isolated and alone. It really sucks!
I have made a few friends here and there, but mostly just aquaintances. No real friendships.
Enough of my self-pity party. Of to do some laundry. Shaun is working a 24 hour shift today, so I won't see him until tomorrow night, right before I head to work for twelve hours again. Grrr. Never work nights if you can avoid it!

3 comments:

Brooke said...

I'm so sorry to hear you've been down lately- I know how hard it can be living across country from family and having few friends. When I started as a flight attendant, everyone at home thought it was the coolest job ever- but it was actually really lonely staying in hotels and working odd hours.

I hope it works out for you to start working 11am-11pm instead, giving you more time with your hubby! You will be in my prayers about the possible changes. When do you find out if you get the position? Hang in there! :)

Babyfro said...

I sure hope you get the 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. shift, wouldn't that be a pleasant change! Getting to sleep in the same bed at the same time sure is something. I'll tell you what, it's so nice having Adam home (not traveling.) Any time you get to be together is better than none! Breakfasts are easier to make than dinner anyway, haha.

We're going to attempt the big corn maze next week. It's open Mon-Thur, Christopher will enjoy it, he loves anything outside and is always asking to go for a car ride. Probably because the car means he gets to go outside somewhere. We of course won't do the haunted maze, even though I enjoy it. That may be a little much for my little buddy.

You're missed here. I know I'm not great at staying in contact... with any of my friends. Usually they end up knocking on my door asking if I'm still alive... don't know what my problem is. I'll try to at least pop you an e-mail more often. I noticed you hit the gym a couple of times! YAY! Proud of you. Keep it up. I'm always watching, even if I don't make my presence known. Love ya.

Becky said...

Hi! I'm sorry that you are stuck nights, I understand that. I close everynight, which makes doing anything else afterwards really late. Plus my boss loves to give me days off that no one else in the entire world has off. Like Tuesday. Who else has Tuesdays off? I am with you! Working weird schedules is not all that fun at all...