Tuesday, October 28, 2008

No Word

Still no word on the new position (time change). I am assuming it is mine, but then I am not. I emailed my boss again tonight, so hopefully I will get a response this week about when I get to transition to the new time slot. I am hoping I don't have to do nights much longer than another schedule. We schedule ourselves one month in advance, so it might be almost December or early December before I get to switch. Which, I am OK with, as long as I know I get to switch. Nights is just getting horrible and it isn't fair to Shaun to have to put up with me. Of course, he says he understands, and isn't bothered, but I think he is. I would be. I hate being tired all the time, I hate being up in the middle of the night while he sleeps, then I get tired around 4pm and sleep until midnight. We are newly-weds and are supposed to be spending all our time together, not working opposite shifts all the time.

On another front. Christmas is in less than 2 months. I can't wait. Although I don't get to go home to WA for the holidays, I do have a house to decorate. I want to put the tree up now, but Shaun insisted on waiting until after Halloween. That is fine, I will probably even wait until closer to Thanksgiving. We are trying to get all our shopping done early this year-especially since we will need to mail all our gifts.
No for sure plans are set just yet, until we get our schedules, but we will probably spend some time with Shaun's family either here or up in NY. Plan to go home in January (after the holiday rush) and spend me and my sister's birthdays together. I turn the BIG 3-0 this year. Scary!! I can't wait to go home, it will have been 8 months since I have been home. I miss my niece and nephews. They are getting SO big. Matter of fact, my nephew Kyler was born just 6 days after our wedding. He will be 8 months old and I have yet to see him. I have pictures though! He is a cutie!

Grason is getting so big and growing up so fast. He started potty training last week and is doing great I guess. I can't wait to give him a big hug and tell him how proud I am of him. I get to talk to him on the phone, but I want to be there. Being away is super hard. I miss everyone so much.

I am at work now, so I had better get to doing something nurse-like. Hehehe

1 comment:

Babyfro said...

I hope you hear something soon. Getting the new shift would certainly give you something to look forward to around the holidays.