Tuesday, October 14, 2008

In-law Visit

Shaun's dad came to visit this weekend. We had some fun mostly relaxed but played games each night. We got 2 cool games and played them for hours. First is a form of yahtzee. It is called yahtzee free for all. You try to get the same dice collections, but can steal from other players. It is way fun. Second game is called Pictureka. Funnest game ever! A collection of boards with a ton of pictures on them, you have to try to find things either before someone else does or a race against a timer. I won most Pictureka games, but lost most yahtzee games. It evened out.
Other than that nothing new to report. When mom and dad came to visit we had a great time. Very busy time, but great none the less. This time was fun too but way more relaxing. We did get our first wedding pic on the wall and framed. Technically it was from the engagement sitting, but the same photographer did them and they were
For the wedding. If you came to the wedding then you will remember it was the one sitting on the greet table with the sign in book. The pic finally came from the photographer and we sent it in to get framed. Wow, professional framing is super expensive. I am glad we only got one big pic to frame. The other stuff that comes with our package is a 15x15 framed storybook frame and an album. We still have to pick our pictures for those collections. We aren't moving very fast on the process but if will get done. I think we have a good idea on our favorites, I just have to narrow them down to 40 or 50 from like 80 to 100. I have my work cut out for me, they are all good. Matter of fact, we just got our Thank you notes that should be going soon.
Off to bed I go. Have a few more nights off before going back to work. I think I might pick up an extra eight hour tomorrow night though. Eights are little baby shifts to me since I am used to working twelve hours. Nice break!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm not surprised at all that you were awesome at Pictureka. You are the best SlugBugger I've ever met in my entire life.