Thursday, October 30, 2008

It's Official

I heard from the scheduler at work today. She called and asked for a favor. She heard I was switching to days and wanted to know if I was willing to wait a schedule since the next one was already complete. I agreed. I figure, I finally get to switch, so I might as well compromise. I need to get off nights, but knowing that I will be switching in December, I am super happy and willing to finish a few weeks on nights to help them out. The schedule probably wouldn't have been done, except she is trying hard to get the holiday schedules done and out to us sooner than normal. That is nice as well.
So, I start working 11am-11pm on Sunday December 14th. I cannot wait. I know there will be a transition time, but in the long run, I think this will be better for me and my family. I will keep you posted on how it goes. For the next 6 weeks though, it will still be nights. Looks like I will also be working most of the holidays, but I kind of expected it since this is my first holiday here, so I kind of have NO seniority at this place in terms of holidays.
Yay!!

2 comments:

Brooke said...

I am so excited for you and Shaun both! I hope the next 6 weeks on nights go quickly! :)

Babyfro said...

Congratulations!! I'm very happy for you. What a great Christmas present for you and Shaun. More time together.