Friday, March 18, 2005

Big City Life

So, I am out visiting my sister in Portland! I love it here! I have been out apartment shopping all day (okay I admit, only half today, but all day yesterday!) I think I have it down to just a few choices. They are all very nice for both me and Charlie! I want to make sure there is lots of grass for him, and running areas for me. I think, out of all the apratment I looked at, if I could take a little from each one and mix it all together, i would have the greatest apartment ever. But, I think I am gonna have to pick the better parts and give in on some of the others.
I can't wait to move now! I am so excited about starting a new life out here. I love it here, it is great. I am getting around all over pretty good, so I don't think it will take me that long to get used to things.
I haven't done the hospital searching yet, that comes Mon and Tues., but I am pretty excited about knowing where the different hospitals are too.
I stopped at Tualitin Fire Dept today. I stopped at the front door...locked! So I pulled around back stopped near the open bay doors, and this old guy comes out...with a look to kill ( why did you park here, this isn't public parking, lady!), but as soon as I introduced myself as a fellow fire deptartmentee, he was very pleasant (well nice to meet you....handshake....what can I do for ya?). Amazing how they are willing to be so rude, until you announce you are one of them....oh well, I would probab;y do the same thing!
So, my point....I really want to be in an area that has a volunteer fire dept, I really miss it now, so I want to try and get on down there (after I get back in shape of course!). Jen and I have already started running, last night we went out for a 3 mile (I run, they walk) jaunt! It felt so good to start slow and be able to go the distance (even if it is only 3 miles). Maybe, that will motivate me to start running at home....I doubt it though. I need to start. I am ready to lose this weight again!
I was out with my cousin and her two kids today....her son was walking near me in a store and was trying to get around me...as he is steering clear of me he says "your butt is so big", I know, I couldn't believe it either, but kids are very honest, and if he thinks my butt is so big, then it is! ( Don't worry, this isn't a shock to me, I have known for quite a while now!)
Amazing, I needed a kid to tell me my butt was big to start motivating me to run....I guess whatever works! Ta-Ta

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kids are silly. I've been told I have "big teeth" before. What can ya do?! =P That's awesome you're liking Portland. I'll come visit you after you move!! I'll have a new hotel in Portland!

Babyfro said...

Glad you found some apartments you liked. Thanks for visiting me, it was good to see you.