Tuesday, March 08, 2005

I love Spring!

Spring is amazing! It is just great, the sunny days, the birds chirping, the warm weather. I just get so excited to finally walk outside without a coat and still feel comfortable. I think I like spring better than summer, because summer has been so hot lately!
I am so excited, I am really gonna start getting active again. I took Charlie (my mini-dachshund) to the park the other day and he loved it! He was talking to anyone that would listen to him, he was so happy. I think I will take him again today. He needs to get out like that, my apt is so small for him, and I am gone all day, I love when I get to spend the day with my baby!
I also went and played tennis for the first time since high school! Scary...I know! But, I wasn't half bad! I took my cousin with me. He has never played before so we were playing catch the ball alot more, but he caught on pretty quickly! With a little more practice, we might be able to get a game or two going. I loved tennis back in HS, I started my freshman year, and my sophmore year I was on Varsity. Made me feel pretty good. I really like it. I had a 3 1/2 hour match once. I was ahead too, 5 games to 2, then I got excited about winning, and something happened....the girl came back and won 7-5, I couldn't believe it, but it was a good match the whole time. That is the longest one, alot of them were way shorter, but that was a good one! I think it was in Moses Lake...I could be wrong! I know it was an away game...
Sorry, got caught up in the story, I know I was rambling!
I am gonna start being active everyday, something, even if it is little. Running will come soon, but with school and work, I don't want to put too much pressure on the running....but, I also want to keep my interest, so I am gonna keep it changing!
I will keep you posted on my activities!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rock on! Time to get ready for Bloomsday! I just bought a new pair of New Balance running shoes. That's how I have to motivate myself!! New shoes! I hit the gym yesterday, and I'm going for a run in the morning. Good for us!

Kathleen said...

Oh yeah, signed up for Bloomsday today.....better get signed up if you haven't done that, no geting out of it this year!!