Friday, August 12, 2005

It's all about school

So, just when you think you have me all figured out.

I have decided to go back to school!!

I need to get my Bachelor's degree before I can move on to get my masters. I was planning to go to WSU, but I needed a few prereqs and they weren't being offered at the branch campus near me. I couldn't find an equivalent course that transferred at any of the nearby junior colleges. So I had decided to hold off a year or two.
Well, I found an online college that I am so excited about. It is Kaplan University. They have several campus colleges in Illinois, Florida, and Iowa, I believe. I don't even really remember where I got information, but before I know it, I am signed up for classes.
I start Aug 22nd. I decided to start sooner rather than later, cuz I am motivated now. In October, I may have changed my mind. I have never taken on online class before so this will be an experience. A good one though.

I applied for FinAid, and it is settled, I don't have to pay a cent. Plus I qulaify for a $3000 scholarship from the school and a $1400 voucher to be used the last term. I am not sure how long it will take me. I do have some prereqs to finish (Nutrition and statisics), but I can do those online too.

I am just taking one class at a time for now, to see how I do, and if I like it. I may take more as time pregresses. I will keep everyone posted of my progress. It may be a couple years till I graduate, but so be it. I am glad I can remain working fulltime and not have to put off starting up again.

I think my first class is proffessional issues. Wish me luck.....

No comments: