Wednesday, August 03, 2005

New Job

I started my new job! The whole reason I am here...to start working as an RN, and I am finally doing it!

Well.....sort of....

Right now, its all just orientation. I am taking lots of little classes. We are reiterating everything we learned in school, and some guest speakers (liek doctors or other employees) are coming to talk with us. It really is fun though. I am getting to know my fellow new RN grads, and our nurse manager. She is the greatest. Every second I spend at work though, I am loving the job more and more.

I start precepting on the floor starting the week of Aug 15th. My preceptors name is Chuck. I haven't met him yet, but I hear he is very smart and knowledgable, so I will be excited to pick his brain and ask as many questions as possible. You all know me, I like to ask questions!!

I will be on day shift, with one of the other girls, her name is Cheryl. The other two will be nights. We were assigned, so I am really glad I don't have to put my time on nights first, I was expecting that.

Hmmm.......what else can I say?

I am not sure. I think CBC was a better school though. It sounds as if their school ( they all graduated from PCC) didn't cover as much stuff, at least not as in depth as we got. I am pretty confident in my skills in basic heart rhythms. But, it sounds as though, they didn't get very much training. That makes me feel pretty good. They are all very smart though, so that is good.

Cheryl, the other day new grad, was a firefighter too, so we have that in common. We have also all decided to go volunteer in two weeks. We are all excited about that.

Dare I say, I think I have some friends at work now. It is great being a part of a team again. I really miss that.

Oh yeah......still running. I have been getting up at 5:30 am each morning and running 30-45 mins. I am really excited and motivated. I am gonna keep it up this time. I will lose all my nursing school fat. I will run Walt Disney World Marathon (if I can get the time off).

I will. I will. I will.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!! I am so excited for you, and I am so happy that you're loving your new job! And I'm glad you got a day shift too. That'll make it that much easier when I come see you on your weekends off! You won't be tired all day! Whoo hoo! Also, I want to start running now too!

Babyfro said...

Yippie!! Great job Kathleen. I'm so proud of you for everything you've done. You're achieving your goals and dreams, that says something. Love Ya.

Miss Fabulous said...

Yay for you and your new job! I'm so excited that you're an RN and you're reaching your goals. :-) That rocks.

Also -- good for you for running every day in the morning! You've inspired me to get my lazy ass out of bed.

(And thanks for linking to me! I'm honored.)