Saturday, August 13, 2005

Running Update!

I am still running!

Okay, there is more to this post! I was planning to do the Walt Dinsey World Marathon on Jan 8th, 2006, but I decided I am not going to now. It is very expensive, and I just started my job, so I don't think I want to ask for the time off.

I am still going to keep running!!

Don't worry 'bout that. I plan to slowly increase my mileage and keep running 4-5 times per week. I want to lose some weight too. I think it will be much easier once I get at least 20-30 lbs off.

I have been running 3-5 times per week very faithfully for 4 weeks now. I am very excited that I have started running again. I know you are probably thinking I am just dropping out. I am not! I swear!

Really, its because I am not gonna take the time off in Jan. I want to get a good base first, then start training. Tomorrow, I am gonna try to run 6 miles. I tried last week, but I didn't make it due to the heat. (I didn't go till the afternoon...my fault, I know!)

Oh yeah.....work is great! I start working on the floor next Friday. I have one more day of orientation, then I start precepting! Yeah! I am so excited!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Too bad about Disneyland. I was kinda looking forward to that! Oh, well, there will be others closer to home. Also glad to hear you're kicking butt at the new job. Sounds awesome!