Friday, February 24, 2006

In Loving Memory of Charlie...

Well, I did it. I had to get rid of Charlie. I found a great home for him to go.

Steve took him.

Steve is my cousin that I lived with for a year before moving out here. Charlie knows Steve. And Steve loves Charlie. He used to take him everywhere Steve went.

So, I am happy that Charlie has a good home now. He will be able to spend more time with him than I can, and hopefully will get him trained.

So, the best thing about this deal is two things.

1) I can see him whenever I want, since he is still in the family.

2) Steve said I can have him back anytime I want him. If my situation changes, where I can spend more time with him, then I can have him back. He also promised never to get rid of him without first checking with me!

So, even though Charlie is gone, he is still with me in a way.

I am very sad though. I cried myself to sleep last night. It is very hard saying goodbye to someone you love with all your heart. Especially when they don't really know what is going on.

I don't think he realizes he isn't going to snuggle with me anymore, play with the same toys, sleep in his bed, or do any of the things he loved to do with...me anymore.

I am crying just thinking of all the good times we had together, and I cry to think of all the good times we will never have again. He is so cute, and so lovable. I am goona miss him so much!

I love you Charlie!!

2 comments:

Tash said...

Aww, I am sorry Kathleen....I know this must be really hard but I am really glad to hear that Charlie is staying in the family and that you still get to see him so it's not like losing him for good. But I know it still sucks. Does Steve live back home or in Portland?

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry Charlie had to find a new home too. It sounds like it's for the best though. He'll be very happy I'm sure. =)