Saturday, February 04, 2006

RN=Real Nurse

I got pulled into my bosses office yesterday.

She said the words " I need to talk to you."

I thought to myself, crap, what did I do this time?

So, in the afternoon, I managed to get a moment off the floor, and go see what she needs to talk to me about.

I knock on the door.

The door opens, and my 2 bosses are in there.

They say "come in."

The door closes. My heart is pounding, I have no clue what I have done wrong to need two managers in the office to speak to me. I thought I was doing good. Almost ready to be done.

"CONGRATULATIONS!!!" they say.

I was shocked. Sort of, I mean I have been waiting to hear those words for days, weeks, months now, but was expecting some constructive criticism today.

Yeah!!! So that means, I have been set free. I am officially "on my own". I no longer need a preceptor. They all feel I have reached the safe level of critical care nursing.

They got me a card, and a $25 gift certificate to PF Changs. I don't eat Chinese food, but hey, I may try some now!!

Oh yeah, and I was the first one of the new grads to be cut free!!! That makes me feel better too. I don't know why, it just does. They are all close behind me, but it just feels good to be the first.

So, RN now equals Real Nurse!!

3 comments:

Tash said...

Congratulations Kathleen!! That is so exciting!! I am happy for you! And I know what you mean about being happy that you were the first, it just gives you an extra boost of confidence!!!! And you should love PF Changs!! It is really really good food!!!! Colin and I love LOVE it!! Hehe. Hope everything else is going well for you too!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! You rock!!

Tash said...

hey when you went to page just a little bit ago, were you not able to see the three new blogs?? weekend update, the mold issue and then the well it happened once again post??? just wondering cuz of where you left the message about me still being here....not sure if maybe it is not showing up for you??? anywho, hope all is well...