Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Surviving

Well, I am home now, without Charlie. It was really hard to come home and see his bed, toys and food dish exactly the way we left it. I wasn't expecting to say goodbye at all, little lone this weekend. It just kind of happened.

I am surviving without him, but it is very sad. I miss him jumping up at the side of my bed wanting to be up there with me.

I miss him rolling on the floor with his toy in his mouth.

I miss him laying on my lap at night while I watch tv.

I miss his big beautiful brown eyes.

I even miss his licking me. I know, I never thought I would miss that since I hated it so much. But, it was a part of him, and I love him so much, so I miss that too.

I know that Steve can provide attention and training that I never could. I know that he will have fun with Steve's other dog, Tux. I know that he probably just thinks he is staying with Steve for a few days, and he expects me to walk in the door any day now.

I will keep trying to live without him, but I am not sure it will last. I miss him so much, and I still cry everyday for him. I hope he knows how much I love him, and miss him.

If I can't stand it anymore, I will drive home and pick him up! I miss him so much!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He's happier there. He's got someone to keep him company so he's not bored all day home alone. Be strong! =)