Tuesday, February 21, 2006

They have moved in...

Jen, Joel, and Grason have officially moved in. It is great waking up and seeing Grason in the morning. We are gonna be very cramped for two months, but it will be fun! I don't even hear him in the middle of the night, so I am not concerned about not getting sleep.
Weight update...I have lost 14 lbs so far with running, weights, and weight watchers. I haven't been doing as good with running as I would have liked, but at least I am running again.
I am homoe for the weekend, I am gonna try to get lots of running in. I haven't ran since last Sunday since I have been picking up so many shifts at work. Plus, the weather has been really cold, windy, or both. Cold I can handle, its the wind I hate.
Next...everyone wants me to get rid of Charlie. I know that it will be best for him, to go to a home that can love him all day long. That has a big backyard, and maybe even some kids. I cry just thinking about it, but no one in my family likes Charlie.
He isn't house broke, he pees/poops occasionally. Sometimes he will tell me, but sometimes he doesn't. So, they all think I need to pass him on to a family that can train him. I tried, and I love him so much, but I just don't think I am doing him justice. He has so much potential. You see, I too can have soo much more potential. I will be able to do things without having to worry about my dog, or what to do with him for the weekend when I want to go out of town. I am so sad to think of handing him over to someone, but I think it will be the best for us both.
So, if anyone knows a great family, that wouldn't mind training an old dog new tricks, then let me know. He is a pure bred Dachshund (no papers), and he just turned 2 years old. He mostly tells me when he needs to go out, but he does have his "accident" several times a week. I just don't have the time to devote to train him properly. I work 12 hour shifts, so sometimes he has to be in a cage for long hours.
Please, if you know anyone, let me know!

No comments: