Monday, April 23, 2007

Falls

Well that was fun! I was sitting here at my computer minding my own business when I heard someone scream. Sounded like little kids, so I didn't think anything of it. I just figured they were playing, and running down the stairs.

Well, the next thing I know, I hear someone calling the ambulance...so I get dressed really quick. By dressed I mean throw on some sweat pants and a bra. I head out of me foor to find a little old lady had fallen down the stairs and is bleeding from her head. Of course EMT/RN girl kicks into high gear. I saved the day. I held pressure on her head, and kept her calm until the ambulance got here.

I didn't really do too much. What can I do? With no first aid kit...I used paper towels, no gloves...I was as careful as I could be, and no medications for her chest pain. No oxygen, no gurney, no nothing. Oh well. I was a Good Samaritan, and I still feel like I helped her in some way.

I am sure she will be fine. Had quite a "goose egg" on her head, and a small laceration to the top of her head...but I bet she is fine!

Okay, back to my boring mundane house chores...Grrr!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here she come to save the day!
Correction:
Here she comes to save the lil' ol' lady, who has fallen and can't get up.
Am I bad or what? Good girl for being able to help. It may not of sounded like you did much , but I am sure it was a big deal to her,,,if nothing else, just the comfort, the EMT/RN was just a bonus.
See, wanting to be a nurse when you were a little girl paid off.

Anonymous said...

You're a HERO!!!

Anonymous said...

Great Job!