Sunday, April 01, 2007

Long Awaited Updates

Hello All. I know it has been quite a while. I have no excuse. Well, I do, but they aren't good. First off, I want to post pics, but I don't have a card reader, so I need to look into getting one. That way, I don't have to go to Wal*Mart everytime that I need to upload photos. Also, way cheaper. Those CD's cost a few bucks each time, and if it isn't full, then it isn't worth it.

We had a ton of fun in DC last weekend. WE walked all over, saw the White house, the Lincoln Memorial, Washington Monument, and the World War II Memorial. What else did we see? Hmm, well we went to the Smithsonian Natural History Museum. I think that was the coolest of the whole trip. I wasn't too impressed with the rest, but it was still cool to go see. I didn't get to go onto the White House. Apparently, you have to make an appointment to do that. Next time...that appointment will be made. However, I am a taxpayer, and I pay for that house, therefore I should be able to go into it. Whatever... I am sure they have heard it all. I also didn't get to sit on Lincoln's lap. He is sitting up way high, and there is a sign and roped off area. "No Sitting". Apparently others want to do the same thing. I think it would cool to let people up there, but it may hurt the structure and integrity of the statue. Again...whatever.

So, we also met up with some of Shaun's friends for dinner Saturday night. We wanted to go to Dave and Buster's, but it was a three plus hour wait. So, we hunted all over for a less of a wait, and landed at a smaller restaurant. It was a lot of fun, and his friends all seem really cool.

Sunday we were supposed to have date night, go to a cool audience involved play, then to a nice dinner. Well, traffic was backed up and we didn't make the play, so we ended up eating at Cheesecake Factory before heading back home. It was yummy. We decided to get our cheesecakes to go, so we could enjoy them for days to come. And we did, enjoy them, for days to come. Okay, two days, but still good.

Hmmm, what else is new. Well, Shaun is living with me now. He was staying over a lot, and eventually we just decided he might as well make it official. So, it is really nice to have him there with me all the time. :) He is so great. I love him so much!

Up next...next weekend Mara and his sister Deanna are coming to visit. We are gonna head to DC for the Cherry Blossom Festival on Friday, then part seperate ways. He will go spend some time in DC with his sister and friends, while Mara and I find something else fun to do. Then for Easter, Mara and I, are going to make a nice dinner for us, and make it a fun day. I am so glad I have someone familiar coming to see me.

In a few weeks, we are going to King's Dominion for Shaun's birthday. It will just be a day trip, but fun none-the-less. His friend, Andrea, is coming up from North Carolina, to go with us. I can't wait. I think it is a lot like Silverwood. How fun!!

Then, only about one month away, I get to go see my babies. I get to go HOME! I am headed home for the weekend of Bloomsday, then again for a week with Shaun, the following weekend. We are driving back cross country, to bring my car back. We are gonna try to stop at MOunt Rushmore, and maybe Yellowstone. How cool is that???

Well, those are about all the updates that I have. I will try to do better. As soon as I get that card reader, I will post more pics. Oh yeah

Yesterday, we went to Baltimore and met up with Shaun's cousin and her two little girls. One is 5, the other 3. They are super cute. We headed to the zoo. It was so much fun. Didn't get to see all the animals, but saw the cool ones. The polar bears, chimps, giraffes, lions, and elephants. It was a ton of fun. It was nice to get out for the day. It was really nice out.

I am so glad Spring has arrived!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's so awesome you're taking advantage of being in a new place! Exploring, checking out the sights, finding an awesome local boy . . . =) It's wonderful to see you so happy after your move.

Jeffrey said...

Glad Maryland is working out for you ...

Tash said...

BTW Kings Dominion is way way better than Silverwood--at least if you love rollercoasters and thrill seeking rides!! Glad everything is going well and you are having a ton of fun sightseeing!

Brandi said...

I was wondering what happened to you, reading your blog has become a daily activity for me!! PS card readers at best buy $15

Anonymous said...

Two more days!