Saturday, April 07, 2007

Visitors

Mara and Deanna arrived safe and sound on Thursday night. I had to work all day, so after work, I came home, changed out of my scrubs (into normal people clothes) and we headed off to get our guests in Baltimore.
Friday, we hung out all day in Washington DC. We had a ton of fun, walking around seeing the cherry blossom trees. We say a few more things than I saw last time I was there. This time we saw Jefferson Memorial, FDR Memorial, and The Capital Building (from afar). We didn't go into the Capital bldg, thinking there wasn't much to see. We also took them to the Natural History Smithsonian Museum to look at the Orchids, and the Hope Diamond. Then we ate some dinner at Elephant and Castle (British Pub Restaurant) and caught a movie. We saw the new Will Ferrell Blades of Glory. It was HILARIOUS. If you like Will Ferrell, even just a little, you have to see it.
Shaun and his sister stayed in DC last night, and hung out with Shaun's friends Katie, and Ashley. They saw a hockey game today, and hung out. Mara and I went shopping, and just did fun girl stuff today. Tomorrow we are getting up early and driving to New York.
Yup. New York City. She has an old friend that lives there now, that we are gonna meet up with. But first....tourist stuff!! Woohoo! Gonna take her to Times Square, maybe catch a play, and whatever else we can fit into the day. Then, we are staying overnight, and heading back home about 10 am. Basically taking her back to the airport. But, that is cool, get to see some more sights, and have a fun road trip!!
So, I will post pics of DC and New York as soon as I get them, but this time they aren't on my camera...Mara bought a couple disposables, and we will wait till she gets those developed, and uploaded for me. I am sure we will have some good ones on there. Yeah!!

Happy Easter to you all. I hope you get to spend it with someone you love.

No comments: