Saturday, November 10, 2007

Wow!

I have been so busy lately. I can't believe we are just 45 days till Christmas. I can't wait. I get to go home and see my family Dec 11. I am so excited to go see my babies. I miss them SO much.

So, here are a couple things that have happened:

1) We have decided that we want to buy. We know we will be around Baltimore for a few years, since Shaun is in the ARMY. So, we started by looking on the internet. We met with a Long & Foster real estate broker. Then we started actually checking out these homes that we had researched onine. On our second outing with Pam (the real estate broker), we found the home that we want to buy. Most of the places were really nice and we thought would be great. But, once we stepped foot into this particular home, we knew it was the right home. I knew immediately, but Shaun had only looked at a couple other places, so he needed to see a few more to know for sure. It didn't take long.

So, we went home that night, looked over the numbers, and decided we wanted to put an offer down, we didn't want to let this place go. Sunday we placed an offer. One of the most nail-biting situations ever. Crazy. Well turns out another couple had placed an offer two days ago, and they were in the middle of negotiating, luckily we got in when we did. She asked us for our best offer, and it turns out it was worth it. Of course, we had a very stressful, anxious day of waiting, but we ended up getting the house.

It is a 1400 sq ft condo. Terrace level. Open floor plan, very laid out. 2 BR, 2 bath. nice sunroom, and grass out back. (see #2 for the reason the grass is good) Big kitchen, Big LR. Big rooms, with walk-in closets. 2nd bathroom open to 2nd BR and hall. Laminate flooring thorughout ecxept bedrooms. All appliances included. We are so excited. We have home inspection on Saturday, so we will have photos to post then.



#2) We got a puppy!! Her name is Sadie. We had been talking about wanting a dog for a LONG time, but since we live in an apt it just made more sense to wait. Well, we couldn't wait any longer!! For some unknown reason, I started glancing at dogs online. I bought Charlie for $350 and I thought that was alot, but here the price of Dachshunds are $500-$1000. Plain rediculous. Well, I found a site online that sells dogs, and is a site that verify's the sellers identity through a credit check. Sadie was listed as $495, but I talked the seller down. So, the price was right and the dog was cute...we couldn't stop ourselves.

We talked with the owner on Sunday and she went to the vet on Monday, and she flew out to us on Tuesday. Basically the owner sent her in a crate with food/water, blanket and toy. We just had to go pick her up when the flight arrived. She seemed to take to us really easily. Ate/drank right away. The owner had even started crate/paper training, and she is doing really well with it. She is so little. Her parents were only 6 and 7 pounds. Right now, she is about 1-2 lbs (I put her on my scale at home) See pics below.





So much has happened.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on everything! Sadie is adorable.

Babyfro said...

Wow, you're a busy girl. I saw Joel and the boys today at Barnes and Noble. Grayson sure wanted to play on the train!! Sadie is super cute too by the way!

Natalie said...

Awesome news. Sadie is really cute. I have friends who got a Dachsund last week, who flew in at BWI...from NC. Funny.

Brandi said...

what a doll!

Lacey said...

She is so cute! Congrats!