Monday, January 23, 2006

Long run

Yesterday I did not want to go running, but I did.

I ran 5.5 miles. I know for those who know me, that isn't that far. Those who know me, know I have run 2 marathons, 8 half marathons, and a handful of smaller runs.

Well, since I haven't been running consistently for almost two years, I think 5 1/2 miles is pretty damn far. Plus I am carrying an extra 60 lbs on my frame I wasn't carrying when I was running.

So, today, less than 24 hours later, I went for another run. It wasn't nearly as long, but I would say at least 3 miles.

So far, I have completed two full weeks of WW, running, and Power of 10. I have lost 7.8 lbs. Yeah!!

I am starting week three. I am also going out of town this weekend, so I have to work extra hard while I am gone to be good. Mara, I will need your help on this one, please?

Oh yeah, I am bringing my running stuff, so plan to go for a short (about 30 mins) run, ok?? I am slow, and I will be easy on you. But, I truly believe it relieves stress, and I know you have got to be stressing on some level about all this wedding stuff.

Okay, enough talking to Mara on my blog. I am very happy with my progress so far. I am really hoping to be about 30 lbs lighter by the time I start training for Portland marathon.

Yes you heard me correct. I am going to try to train for Portland this year. I have been wanting to do it for years now, and well, since I live here, and I am running again, I have no excuse!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome Kathleen! You are doing great! I'm going to do my best to run 30 minutes with you. I've really been working my quads, so I think I'll be ok in that sense.

And I always feel better too when I'm eating healthy, so we'll be good! I was bad this past weekend, so I'll make up for it this week. =) We'll cook up whatever you like while you're here. Bring some ideas!

See ya soon!

Tash said...

Hey!!! Have a fun fantatic weekend in Spokane visiting Mara!!! Colin and I are heading to Bellingham tomorrow afternoon for his grandma's 80th birthday bash at a Bed and Breakfast. Should be fun times!! I will email you when we get back to try to set up day to get together!!!

Have a great weekend!!!!