Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Happy New Year!! 2006

Happy New Year everyone.

Sorry for the lack of posts, but I have been doing a small amount of traveling. Well, if you count going home traveling..I do. I went home three different times during the last three weeks. I know it sounds like alot, but I did it any how. But, I can't go back again for a while, I ran out of money. $30 gas both ways kills someone with no money.
So, what else is new. Well, work is going great. I was on my own the last couple shifts. It is not official yet, but I am pretty much there now. Yeah. It has been 5 1/2 months since I started working as an RN. I think I am ready now. Actually, I know I am ready now!!

I know I have been promising I was gonna start running, and losing some weight. I needed something/someone to just give me that nudge to start doing it. The nudge wasn't gonna be someone just telling me to do it. It had to come in the form of major motivation.

So, when I was at hoem this last weekend. I went to see my best friends sister-in-law. Are you still with me? I actually knew her in high school and she has always been a large woman. I am talking size 22, maybe a little larger. Well, Suzy had told me that she was losing weight, and that Marcia was now a size 6. I couldn't believe it. I thought, yeah right!

Well, when we stopped at her house to pick up some stuff before we headed out of town, I saw her. She looks amazing. She really is a size 6. She had bone structure in her face. She looked amazing. I can't tell you how amazing, you just have to trust me.

I found my motivation.

Yeah, someone I haven't seen for years. Someone I didn't even really know. Someone I will probably never see again (maybe), was my motivating factor.

When I left her house, I knew I could do that too. I know I can loose the weight, I have done it before. So I am going to.

Here is my promise to all of you.

I started Weight Watchers yesterday. I am not going to the meetings, but my firned Suzy, is helping me with the emotional part of losing weight. I will weigh myself each Monday morning, and report back to her (for support) through all of this.

Second promise...I am going to start running again. I have a plan to run today. My new friend Tanae, said she would run with me this afternoon, so I am very excited about that. Even if she doesn't come with, I have said I am running regardless.

Third pronmise. I will not quit Power of 10 Mara. I love it still, and I think weights is an important part of exercise. I had actually always wanted to start weight lifting back when I was running, but I never did. I am very thankful you got me into that program, cuz I love it. I joined a gym for it. I am not quitting now!!

No more promises, but I will try to keep you all posted of my progress on the weight loss. Mara is getting married in April, and I am in the wedding, and I would love to have lost 30 pounds by then, but I am going to take this one week at a time. My first goal, is 10%. Just like if I was at the meetings, and weighing in at WW.

I started on Monday, Jan 9. Now, I know this sounds like a New Year's Resolution. It is NOT. I hate those. It just happens to be that I started it after the new year. I have been talking about it for months now. God has provided me the motivation to get started, and I am going to do it.

Wish me luck!!

2 comments:

Tash said...

Hey!! Good luck with the running. I am going to start with walking for my cardio--with those wonderful ankle weights on! Yay! Hopefully tomorrow I will be feeling better and will be able to start!!! In the past week the scale says I lost 2 lbs but I gain and lose 2 lbs everyday...so I am not going to go by weight on a wkly schedule, I will look at it biwkly and go mainly by how I feel and look!! Good luck with your routine and we should def. get together again sometime!!

Anonymous said...

That's awesome, Kathleen! I know you're going to do just great! Good luck! And keep us updated. =)