Friday, December 30, 2005

Power of 10: Week 6 and 7

Power of 10 is still going strong. Last week I was home during the week, so I went to CBRC and did the exercises with my mom. She didn't partake, but helped cheer me along. That was nice. This week, was back at my gym with Jen again. It is much nicer to stick with the one you normally do it with.
We had a great week again. I really felt like I worked hard. I am at 190 lbs on the leg press. It was hard. I think I will stick with 190 again next week, just cuz I struggled with that one. I don't think I will even be able to lift 210 lbs (have to go up by 20 on that machine). Oh well. This weeks emphasis was arms, and I am hurting pretty bad today, but a good hurt.
Me and Jen both haven't lost any weight from it. She is thinking about stopping, but I may not have lost weight, but I am getting stronger. I really want to start running. I know I have said that so many times, but I do. I don't know why I haven't started (and kept it up). I think when Portland Fit starts up again in the spring, I will join, and train with them. I really want to get running again. I can meet lots new people there too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey you! That sucks that your sister wants to quit. But maybe it just doesn't work for everybody. I'm going to order another book about body sculpting, basically body-building for chicks without getting that manly look. I'll let you know if it turns out to be a good one. I am totally loving the weightlifting and how I feel now. This book I'm ordering bases your routine on your body type, which sounds like it may be better than the one size fits all approach of Power of 10. Anyway, I'm writing a whole little post in your comments so I'll quit now! Hope you have a fabulous New Year's and I'll see you at home next weekend!

Tash said...

It is that time again....lets hear whats going on with Kathleen!!! Hope your New Year is going great so far!!!!