Friday, December 16, 2005

Power of 10: Week 5

So, week 5 down, only forever more weeks to go!! I don't ever want to quit. I love it. I wish I was losing weight, but I love the soreness I feel after a good workout. Besides, I signed up for a gym membership, so I am definetely not quitting now.
So, back to the workout. It was a great one. Jen and I decided that we were doing to high of weights and weren't doing some of the exercises correct, that is why we felt, on some routines, we just didn't get the best workout. Abs was one of those. So, we decreased weights, and worked extra hard, and got a great workout this week. Lat raise is another, but we didn't do that exercise this week, so we will lower weights next time we do that one.
I did have some difficulty with the abduction, because my legs seem to cramp up when I move them out like that. If I lay on the bed and just try to abduct my leg like that, I get cramps. So I don't feel it was the exercise equipment or the weights, I think it is just faulty legs. I will keep working on that. I need to increase my flexibility with that range of motion. Jen said she cramped some too.
Adduction was great. I lifted 110 lbs. I was so proud of myself, and I even did like 10 reps. I had never done that exercise before so, I wasn't sure how much weight I would be able to do. Next time, I will be stronger, and I will know.
Arms, well, I did good this week, but I didn't feel I advanced much from the last week. I did a little better or at least was equal to what I did the previous week. So that is good, I didn't regress.
I am hurting already today. I know I did good. My abs hurt a lot, and my arms do too. My legs are starting to get worse, but they do hurt too.
Next week, I will be home, so I will be doing the routine with my mother as my support (hopefully, if the gym allows her to join me), and at CBRC. I have never been there before, but I am sure they have the same typical machines. I can't wait...I get to go home in just a couple days!! Yeah!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you're still doing it! And don't worry, you'll start to lose weight soon. Just try something small at first and go with it for a week or two to see. Once you lose just a little bit, it is so motivating to keep it up! Kathy (my partner) is going from two lattes a day to just one and it's already helping her. I've stopped eating out at lunch everday (bringing a frozen Lean Cuisine or something instead on some days) and within the last 2 weeks I dropped 2 lbs. So don't get discouraged. The weight loss will definitely come. Even though you don't feel like you're losing weight yet, just know that you're building muscle, which is great for your bones, your metabolism, and your energy level. Man, I'm writing you a little book here in your comments. Better stop now. Just wanted to tell you you're doing fantastic so far!

Anonymous said...

And I can't wait until you come visit next month!!