Monday, December 12, 2005

To work or not to work...that is the question!!

So, I am starting to feel a little better, but I am still pretty stuffy. I am scheduled to work tomorrow, but I do not know if I should go to work. I think I would be able to hack the long day, but I am obviously still still stuffy, congested, and coughing/sneezing. I am not sure my pts will appreciate a sick nurse.
What do you think?
Should I stay home tomorrow?
I was thinking, if I stayed home for one more day, I could get more sleep and rest, and hopefully be recovered to go back to work by Wednesday. Then again, if I don't go in, I will have to use my PLH (paid leave hours). I have plenty in my bank, but I am not sure if I want to waste 12 hours on a day just so I can get more sleep/rest.
I am at a loss. I don't know what to do.
Of course, my mom would say... "If you aren't feeling up to it, then call in sick." But, that isn't her telling me what to do, that is her telling me to do what I want to do. I need someone to tell me what to do. You see, I just can't make up my mind. Anybody, please....help me decide!!

3 comments:

Tash said...

i say stay at home and rest...i myself would probably end up asking for a nurse that was not sick if i was a patient of yours....since the point of going to a hosiptal is to get better not get sick!! so rest and get healthy...you can always try picking up shifts if you need to make up the lost hours!!! decision has been made for you!!!

Kathleen said...

Thanks Tasha, I went ahead and called in sick! I do need one more day of rest. You are right, I would ask for another nurse too!! Thanks for making my decision for me. Sometimes I just need a little nudge in the right direction!!

Anonymous said...

Dang, I'm a day late to dole out advice. Stay home tomorrow too! Just kidding. I hope you're feeling better. =)