Saturday, December 10, 2005

A first in Portland

I'm sick.

Yes. You heard right.

I am sick!

I am quite surprised I didn't get everything under the sun when I first moved here. Usually that happens. Just because you have never been exposed to the sicknesses here, so you get them all.

I didn't.

But I did now.

It isn't that bad, but it has knocked me off my butt, and made me so tired. I got up at 1130 today, after going to bed about 9 or 10 last night. Then, at about 2 went back to bed for four more hours.

Would have slept longer, but Charlie whines. He hates his cage, and I have to put him in it or he will tair up the place.

What kind of sick? you ask...I just seem to have a head cold. I am stuffy, achy, tired, sneezy, that sort of thing. Sick, nonetheless.

It was nicer out today too. I took Charlie out at 1130 when I got up, and almost didn't need my coat. Don't get me worng, still winter out, but felt pretty good. Maybe it was because I was just out of a nice warm bed. I don't know.

I hope I feel better tomorrow. I would hate to waste all of my days off in bed. I only get three you know. And, I refuse to call in sick. I hate doing that, so I had better get better soon!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry that you're sick. That's no good. Glad you're getting lots of rest though. Feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

You shouldn't go outside without a coat. You might get sick! he he he. Get better soon!

Kathleen said...

Thanks everyone for all your well wishes. I am starting to feel better today.

Tash said...

Glad to hear that you are starting to feel better!! Sorry that you got sick in the first place, it really sucks! Especially when it is over your time off! Love the new hair cut!! It is really cute!!! Hope all is going well with classes and work and power of 10, sounds like it is all going great! Keep it up!!! Hope you have a great time getting to see your family even if it is not on Christmas day itself!!!! Get back to 100% soon!!