Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Power of 10: Week 4

So I went to the gym today. I had to go today because I officially became a member of this gym. I decided, since I was only going to the gym once a week, to only pay for a memebership that allows me to go on alternating days. I can go three times a week, on Tues, Thurs, and Sat. It was only $19/month, so I went for it. Well, needless to say, I can't go the gym on Wednesdays anymore. So this week, I went on Tues. Next week Thurs because I work Tues.
So, on to the update. I am getting stronger. I feel great. I seem to be having some difficulty with the lat raise still. I think I am trying to lift too much. I don't know. I had been lifting 60 lbs, but I think I need to be at like 40 lbs to get a better workout. Before I just wasn't able to do the exercise right, and I don't seem to be improving on that one. I will keep trying though.
All the other exercises I am getting stronger at. I was pleasantly surprised with the bicep curl. The first week we did it, I struggled bad. My left could barely lift at all, and my right was weak too. This time, I started off with just increasing by 10 lbs, and it was surprisingly easy, so I increased by another 10 lbs, yeah!! I guess some of the other exercises work my bicceps too.
The legs are getting stronger, although, I can't see any definition. Of course, I got lots of fat layers, so I doubt I will see a difference any time soon. I did loose a couple lbs this week, but I increased in body fat. But, if the percent is of the lower weight, I will take it. Oh well, it is possible my scale is not accurate. It can be innaccurate with +/- amt of water consumed, different time of day, how much food was eaten for the day, excretion of waste products...point is, it can be skewed. So I will look at the trend and not just one number.
I am still really excited to keep doing it. Power of 10 is fun. I really believe inthis program. I know I am certainly getting stronger, even if I don't lose weight. It will make it that much easier to start running again, when I am good and ready to start increasing that.
When I go home in two weeks, I have to use the Tri-City Racquet Club as my gym. I emailed them and asked if they had a free trial that I could use. They do. And I am using it. I am hoping my mom will join me in a session, at the least for moral support. But, if I have to go alone, I will.
I will have to see if I hurt tomorrow, but I had a good workout, so I m thinking I will.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay! That is so awesome. I am so glad you're seeing good things from it! And about the lat raise. I hate that one. I can barely do 45 lbs. now.