Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Home for the Holidays!

Happy Holidays to All!!

I made it home safe for all those worry-ers out there. It was very snowy/icy through the Gorge, but I drove slow and there weren't that many cars around.

Chains/traction tires were required from Troutdale to Hood River, but I didn't want to stop and get chains. I wouldn't know how to use them even if I did have them.

When I left Portland, it was rainy, and the roads were starting to melt, so I didn't think it would be that bad, but they were. It was a little scary for a while, with the high winds, but I made it safe and sound.

It took me about 4 1/2 hours to get home. Normal drive is about 3 1/4 - 3 1/2 hours.

So, I am home and will be here through Thursday. NOt a whole lot going on, but at least I get to spend some time with my family around Christmas time. Then I work 23rd, and 24th. I have Christmas day off, but I have to go back to work for three days after.

I don't have any plans for Christmas day. Since I am skipping Christmas this year, and asked everyone to not get me anything (since I couldn't buy them anything), I won't have any gifts to open...so I thought I might just sleep in, and watch movies all day. I will be home alone anyhow, so might as well just sleep all day!! Hehehe! I love sleeping!!

Well, I hope everyone has a great Christmas with their families, and they get everything they asked for!! Merry Christmas to all!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas to you too! Have fun in the Tri-Town!