Thursday, December 01, 2005

Power of 10: Week 3

So, I went to the gym last night. It was great. I actually had to sign up though, since my free two week trial ended today. I decided to go with alternating days (T, T, Sat) and it is $19 per month. Not bad. I only had to pay $19 to start too, and that included my first month. If I had went with a full gym membership, any gym, any day, I would have to put down $179 and pay about 20 a month. That is rediculous. I don't have 180 dollars lying around, if I did....I could pay off my credit cards faster! Hehehe
So, my workout...the only one I struggled with was the triceps. The minimum weight is 20 lbs. i started to pull it down, and my first rep was my threshold. I couldn't believe how weak I was. Oh well, I will work on those, and get stronger. I increased in weights on almost all the machines this time, except the shoulder press, but I did do one more rep than last time. Last time I could only do 3, this time I did 4. I feel I am getting stronger. I only wish I would lose weight instead of gain it. That is hard to look at each week, especially since I already am 60 lbs overweight. But, I have lost 5% in body fat (as long as my sclae is accurate). So, that makes up for it a little. I am sure in a week or two, the weight will start melting off. I am gonna try to run at least once in between workouts. I ran about 2 1/2 weeks ago, but my schedule along with my sore days, and holidays, doesn't always work out for me to run. Since I can go to the gym now, maybe I can try (I really hate gyms, so I say try) to run on the treadmills.
Next week, we do 7 exercises. I am really looking forward to the week we do adduction and abduction. I don't think I will be able to lift much weights, but I really want to do that exercise. I think it is week 5 maybe 6. I already have my workout days planned for week 4 and 5, but week 6 is smack dab in the middle of me going home, so I don't know what to do about that week. I might have to do it on Sat, even though I work and it is Christmas Eve. I don't know if the gym will be open at 8pm. i will have to see, or I can go to the gym at home, pay the onetime workout fee, and do it then. That is a thought. Maybe I can get my friend or mom to go with me for support.
Well, I guess I have rambled enough.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your doing awesome, keep it up!